1) Eight or more new ear infections within
2) Two or more serious sinus infections
within 1 year.
3) Two or more months on antibiotics with
4) Two or more pneumonias within 1 year.
5) Failure of an infant to gain weight or
6) Recurrent, deep skin or organ
7) Persistent thrush in mouth or elsewhere
on skin, after age 1.
8) Need for intravenous antibiotics to
9) Two or more deep seated infections such
as meningitis, osteomyelitis, cellulitis, or sepsis.
10) A family history of primary immune
The Immune System
The body is composed of a number of different organ
systems, each designed to carry out specialized functions. For example, the
heart and blood vessels make up the cardiovascular system which functions to
pump the blood to all parts of the body. The stomach, liver, pancreas and
intestines make up the digestive system which functions to bring oxygen into
the bloodstream and the body. Like these organ syste4ms, the immune system
is composed of a variety of tissues and organs, each contributing in some
way to the specialized functions of the immune system.
learn more »